Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Some Recipes...

Okay so last week I had a small little dinner party to watch the All-Star Game. Even though I would not consider myself a huge baseball follower (in fact I had planned the dinner party but didn't know it was the same night as the All-Star game...oopsie) I still tried to plan a theme of food around baseball. When I think of Baseball, I think BBQ. So, that was our main dish and it was nice because Mr. B was on the grill so all I had to do was the apps, sides, & dessert! I found a great appetizer recipe that I thought I would share courtesy of my adoptive Grand-lady, Paula Deen. And, I received rave reviews over my Grandma's sweet potato casserole that I will share also. Hope you enjoy!
Cheers!

Quick Guacamole~Spinach Dip
1 pkg. dry guacamole dip mix
1 8-ounce container soft cream cheese
1 10-ounce pkg. frozen chopped spinach, thawed
1 large tomato, finely chopped
Combine guacamole mix and cream cheese. Squeeze excess liquid from spinach. Add to cheese mixture. Add tomato. Mix well to combine. Serve with tortilla chips.
Sweet Potato Casserole
3 c. sweet potatoes, cooked & mashed
1 c. sugar
1/3 c. milk
1/2 c. + 1/3 c. margarine, melted
1/2 c. flour
2 eggs
1 t vanilla
3/4 c. light brown sugar
1 c. pecans
Mix potatoes, sugar, eggs, milk, vanilla and 1/2 cup margarine and put in a greased casserole dish. In a separate bowl, combine brown sugar, four, 1/3 c. margarine and pecans. Sprinkle over the top of the sweet potato mixture. Bake at 350 for 30-40 minutes.