Thursday, July 23, 2009

The Power of Dance

I was a dancer for about 25 years (literally almost my entire life). I have always loved dance because it can express emotion without saying a word. I have been a huge fan of So You Think You Can Dance since it started and every year there is at least 4 pieces that will bring me goosebumps or even tears to my eyes. Last night, I was literally sobbing. The link below has a piece that was choreographed by Tyce DiOrio and it is the most moving piece I have seen in a long time. This dance is about a woman who is struggling with Breast Cancer and how her love is there for every step of the way. Even though he choreographed this to bring attention to Breast Cancer... I am pretty sure that anyone who has ever been affected by any illness, will relate to this dance and be moved as well. (Even the non-dancers)
xoxo



http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hKxoCxalyWw