Sunday, April 11, 2010

Oh, the Boards!

Last year I began my journey attempting to recieve National Board Certification through the National Boards Professional Teacher Standards. Boy, has it been a process!! There are two parts to this: 1. a four-part portfolio of videos & reflections on your practice and your impact on student learning 2. a 6 question essay test (you have 30 minutes to answer each question which can be over ANYthing in social studies. I turned in my portfolio last March and took my test last June. I found out in November that I did not achieve certification. The good news was that I passed the ever-so dreaded test. Seriously, that thing is a beast...so it is safe to say I was a wee proud of myself:) But still disappointed because I only passed 2 of the 4 entries. So after November I was able to re-do those two entries only and that is what I have been doing. They are due this Thursday (the 15th) and needless to say...I am a little behind (hence me blogging instead of being productive). I am having severe writers block on my reflection pieces...so I took a break thinking I would be able to think of something really good if I blogged about it. So far...not-so-much:( I think I am going to try a glass of wine...
Cheers to getting over the block...and hopefully passing this time around!!