Well, it's official...my summer break is O-V-E-R. Have you seen the commercial of the Dad taking his kids to shop for school supplies leaping through the isles? OMG this commercial is hilarious! It's funny because that isn't exactly my emotions for school starting back up. Sure, I absolutely love my job, it's just that I think of going back to school, as missing out on my summer fun. No more days of the Today Show, no more lounging around at the pool, no more lunch dates, no more pjs until 9 am, and morning walks with Lucy are now at 6 am rather than 9 am :( Mr. B tells me that this is life for all non-teachers, and he is right. I am appreciative of the time off I had this summer. I am also really proud of myself for accomplishing almost every task on my "summer to-do" list. I still have a couple of things I can get done in the next couple weeks, but for the most part I finished it! The major projects I did was organizing our basement and all of our closets. I got rid of so much stuff that I took 4 huge bags and 2 boxes to the Goodwill. Oh, how sweet it is to feel organized! Honestly, this is one of my favorite things I did this summer. Crazy I know, but seriously I think you feel so much better once you get things organized and go through all the junk we tend to keep. It's like a really good cleansing:)
As my summer comes to an end, overall I feel like it was extremely productive. (Even though I was at the pool 80% of the time:) )
Cheers to a great summer!